Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Taking a Break

The semester is over, my grades are in, and I'm taking a break from my weekly postings in order to work on my book, Sanctifying Art. So far, I've written three chapters: Introduction, The Problem of Art, Visions of Beauty, and Art and the Need of the World. Today, I hope to get a running start on the next chapter, Art and the Body of Christ.

After that, I'm not sure if there is another big chapter, or just a conclusion, wrapping it all up in a nice, tidy bow. I keep having the nagging sensation that there is some important area that I am forgetting to address, but I guess I won't know until I finish the part that I can see. It's a lot like art, I suppose. Or like life. If I just keep stepping into the light that I see, the surrounding darkness doesn't seem to matter as much. So as long as I don't allow myself to get distracted, I should have a good, solid first draft by the middle of August. I'll report back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment